Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Resolve.

It's difficult when someone judges you immediately due to something in your past. First impressions are very important but they are worthless when somebody has their own perception of who you already are engraved in their mind. I don't particularly blame people for being defensive, or for caring about others...I mean, it's pretty much our job to care about others. But when one person writes you off as a 'not-so-good' person it is difficult. And why? Well, some people have to be liked by everybody...thankfully I do not. But I do feel like I wish I was the one in control of who does and doesn't like me. Not something in my past, not something in my future, not some extenuating circumstance that really has nothing to do with me. But in the end, we all have to accept that life isn't always completely fair. Nor will it ever be. Instead of being frustrated by this fact, I'd rather just do what I can to make my life what it is. Do what I can to make it better every day. That's all I can do. And hope that everybody allows me a chance to truly introduce myself to the person I am now and the person I aspire to be....not some shadow of the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment