Sunday, July 25, 2010

'The Sound of Silence'

I had this momentary urge to write. To get my thoughts out into the world so to speak. But as I sat down to write, no words came to me. Out of all the emotions and feelings working furiously inside my mind, not a single one felt like it needed to be written down. That's a curious thing. Maybe not everything needs talking about....maybe sometimes you have to be okay with the silence. With the quiet. With the solitude.

That's what there is right now. Calm. It's neither invigorating nor disheartening, but at the same time it is peaceful.

The more I sit here to write the more that comes to mind. The more topics I could dive into, the more feelings I could describe. But none of those things seem to matter right now. And I'm okay with that.

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment