Sunday, July 4, 2010

The Return

I have formed a love/hate relationship with writing. Sometimes I need it, sometimes it's the only way I can express myself. And other times I feel the need to verbalize my thoughts, or occasionally retreat farther within myself and 'ponder'. Weird...but that's my long drawn-out excuse for not writing for a month :)

I'm happy that the grass in green and the sky is blue. I don't want to get started on another 'life is wonderful' kick, but how can you not sometimes? Even when things don't go your way....you have the right to be happy.

Things haven't always gone my way. One could argue that in times of repeated failures you might be more prone to have a negative outlook. I would have to agree. The more I allowed myself to associate with negativity, the more it associated with my life.

So here I am on a Sunday morning and I can say that today won't be negative. This week won't be either. Because I won't allow either to be. I need an earnest enthusiasm now more than ever...we all start new chapters in life, and it seems I am starting a new one a year earlier than expected. But that's exactly it. We don't expect life. Can't anticipate it.

We just have to live it. And give it our best shot. And that's what I'm gonna do. Day after day after day. Simple philosophy, big results.

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment