Sunday, January 31, 2010

The Valley In Between....

Sometimes I just want to vent all my frustrations and anxieties from life at someone. Anyone. I guess I'm under the impression that if I'm pissed off enough about things, and rant long enough, that will solve problems. It doesn't. Even as I'm writing that method sounds ineffective. And a waste of time.

At times I find myself frustrated with life. Very frustrated. But I've been trying much harder as of late to be stronger than my frustrations. Life is too short to get caught up in things that don't make you happy. I've been Mr. Nice Guy, and I've been a pushover. When you allow yourself to be pushed too far, you speculate just pulling a 180 and not caring about anything anymore. But no matter how much you deny it, each and every one of us always care. Denying it is just a form of cowardice. Hiding doesn't solve anything. I won't hide from my problems, I'll embrace them. I'll go head-to-head with them without any fear.

No matter where you are in life, there will be problems there to challenge you. Let them. If you aren't challenged, you can't succeed.

This sounds like a motivational speech, as I'm sure most of my blogging does. But you know what? I'm okay with that. Because I write primarily to motivate myself. And if someone else can gain something from it to, great. If not, well, nobody is forcing you to read this.

Don't let life slow you down. Roll with the punches.

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment